After the mail came today I decided to call HSBC and ask what the hold up is. I still hadn’t heard anything in regards to the loan and everyone I’d spoken to, before today, told me that in order to move forward with the loan I’m going to have to wait on it. So I call up HSBC Corporate and after four people have my social security number, I’ve finally spoken to someone who actually knows what he’s doing. He explained to me that the letter wasn’t printed until the eleventh, so that should show up in the mail within the next few days. He then went on to tell me that I don’t even NEED the letter in order to collect on the loan. I just need to go to the bank with my father with our photo ID’s and then pick up the check. I’ll then take the trip over to my own bank to deposit the money and by the following day, I’ll have full access to do what I please.
So this weekend Sean and I are taking a trip up to New York with the dog, and then after a few days up there we’ll come back here to book a hotel room in Ohio then work on getting out there. Once we’re there, we’ll purchase the house, do whatever modifications need to be done and after a few days of getting things ready, we’ll come back out here and begin packing up our things. After that, we’ll head back out to Ohio and begin our lives out there. It’s going to be a difficult couple of weeks for me after this weekend. Hopefully I’ll be able to get far enough with work so that I can get ahead for a few days and then balance out for the rest of the month. One can only hope at this point.